Sunday, July 17, 2005

once upon a midnight eerie

The Mermaid just left my house. It was an interesting visit.

She had driven me home.

Being the gentleman that I was, I invited her in.

She smiled and said yes.

We walked to my room together. I could smell her scent.

We sat down.

I offered her a drink, but she didn't want one. Her eyebrow arched and her nostrils flared.

It was obvious that she wasn't here for drinks.

She looked at me and reached over.

And arranged my books.

In rows.

By author, series and publisher.

Pratchett in front, Rankin at the back, stuff that didn't fit around the top.

And then she said that "they looked happier" like that, all "snug and stuff"

Oy vey. What a woman.

2 Comments:

Blogger Keem said...

i selotaped the cover of the Earthsea Quartet on when i got home, it wasn't feeling very secure.

books have feelings too you know.

10:48 PM  
Blogger FishBalls said...

selotape is your friend yay!

2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home