Monday, June 13, 2005

sex.

A very close friend of mine said to me once that she thought sex was overated. For some reason, this saddened me immensely. It wasn't just what she said, it was the way she said it as well, flippant and blase, as if it was some sort of food that she had tried and had found less than impressive and overhyped. It made me wonder, what sort of experiences could she possibly have had that would cause her to have such a nonchalant stance in regards to one of the most intensive experiences a human being could have in his or her lifetime. Then this lead to more thinking (this always leads to trouble): how many other people think this way?

I'd just like to state here that I'm not some sort of super sexual tyranosaurus with the chiseled, sculpted looks of a Greek God. In fact, I'm as far away from a Greek God as you could possibly get. But I'm not repulsive enough to scare women away, and that has resulted in a quite a few experiences in the past.

And let me just say, every single one has been a god damned experience of a lifetime. Every single time has been a learning experience, about myself and the other person involved.

How could you ever reduce an experience that burns with such intensity into the mere words from a language created by monkeys to tell each other where the bananas were? The English language just flails lamely in the attempt to describe the emotions and sensations involved when two people (or three! or more!!) let all their inhibitions fall away with their clothes. Gods, using a crude a word as "arousal" to describe that wave of sensations that runs along the length of your spine when you see your partner closing their eyes and opening their mouths just slightly to release that small sigh of pleasure is like asking a 600 pound silverback gorilla to embroider a small Oriental lady's hankerchief.

For those few hours, every single sense that you have is amplified a hundred-fold. The way the skin feels as you run your finger tips over it, the soft, wet smells and sounds that fills the room, the heat you can feel just below the surface of the skin. Good grief, for the span of those few hours that is as close as you can possibly get to another person without being them. Overrated, she says, with a sneer of derision on her face. Jesus Christ on the Batmobile, pay a little more attention. See things as they are in that moment. Not just see, feel, smell. Take it slow. Of all the times in your life to be fully concious of the here and now, this is it. Why are you hurrying to finish it off so fast? Life going to be short regardless of anything you do, so take the time to savour the experience. SAVOUR. With a capital everything.

I'm probably as cynical as they come(hur hur) but I'll probably poke myself in the balls with a blunt stick before I end up THAT cynical. Especially in regards to something like sex. Which only really works when you approach it with as much naivete as possible.

It's 4 a.m. I'm going to my empty bed to sob quietly into my pillow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home